Come network with other moms, gain resources, and navigate the breastfeeding journey...
Come network with other moms, gain resources, and navigate the breastfeeding journey with your little one at this weekly group. Learning how to breastfeed takes time and practice. Having a support system to help answer your questions and provide feedback can be extremely helpful.
During the group time, you can:
- check your baby's weight pre and post nursing
- have baby's latch evaluated
- have baby's oral motor skills evaluated for tongue or lip tie
- ask questions
- discuss when to start solids smoothly
- ask more questions
- determine if a 1:1 session with our CLC is warranted
Support Group Hours:
Each Thursday (beginning September 1, 2022)
10:30 a.m. to 12 noon
Lactation Education Room (inside Marion County Health Department Building)
No appointment necessary
Led by Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice Certified Lactation Counselor Veronica DeSelms, MS CCC-SLP CLC